Our Procurement and Supply Policy
It is ENGIE’s ambition to foster sustainable growth based on the Group’s strengths and businesses (energy, environment and services). The Group is a member of the United Nations Global Compact and has undertaken to adhere to its principles in the fields of human rights, working conditions, the environment and anti-corruption.
Challenges for ENGIE Procurement
In the management of their purchases and of their suppliers, the Group’s Procurement entities must ensure:
- Product/Services procurement conducted using secure, environmentally-friendly and energy-saving technology
- Procurement that guarantees technical and price competitiveness
- Adherence to environmental obligations: limiting emissions, waste management and recycling
- Ensuring the security of goods and persons
- Complying with legislation in terms of employment rights
- Observance of human rights
- Contractual relationships that respect suppliers: economic viability and readiness to listen to their expectations
Main Principles of our Procurement and Supply Policy
Commitment and vigilance in a responsible and sustainable procurement and supply Policy is one of the Group’s ambitions. This is a real process of continuous improvement in the efficiency of the procurement Function both for our industrial activities and for relationships with our partners.
The Group Procurement and Supply Policy sets out the applicable relationship management principles with Suppliers, incorporating respect for ethical behavior and the Corporate social responsibility commitments from the Group.
These principles are based on:
- Systematic competitive bidding of authorised (or qualified) Suppliers for all purchases made in a competitive market
- Any engagement with a Supplier must be a written agreement previously negotiated between the parties and signed by the authorised persons (contract or order)
- Management of Suppliers’ performance improvement (conformity and prompt supply of deliverables, responsiveness, greater competitiveness)
These principles are applicable in supplier relations, which must strictly adhere to ethical rules that define the reference framework applicable to all Group employees.