Discover ENGIE activities in Turkey
ENGIE has been active in Turkey for more than 40 years. The Group used its expertise in energy to develop its activities in energy service, power generation and natural gas distribution as well as wholesale and retail of both power and natural gas.
- Baymina Enerji CCGT: With a capacity of 763 MW this plant is operated by ENGIE (95%) and its partner Mimag (local operator), with a Purchase Power Agreement (PPA) up to 2018.
- Uni-Mar Marmara Ereglisi CCGT: Since 2004 ENGIE has owned 33% of this plant with a capacity of 480 MW. The power purchase agreement (PPA) runs until 2019.
Natural gas distribution and sale of energy (natural gas, LNG and power)
- IZGAZ is the third largest natural gas distributor in Turkey (more than 300,000 residential customers and 81 industrial companies). Izgaz, which is owned by ENGIE (90%) and the Kocaeli Metropolitan Municipality (10%), distributes 2 billion cubic meters per year (BCM) of natural gas through a 2,560 km pipeline network. It also provides fuel for public buses powered by natural gas in Kocaeli city.
- Since October 2010, GDF SUEZ ETP operates a license to import liquefied natural gas (LNG), and began trading activities of natural gas in 2011. GDF SUEZ ETP obtained a power supply license in 2013 and is primarily intended to be a platform for the commodity price risk management.
- Since the liberalization of the market, the Group started trading with EGEGAZ and Botas (LNG terminal owner) for the supply of LNG by cargoes. Since 2011, the Group has provided 13 LNG cargoes (about 13 TWh). It concluded many transactions with other companies including Akfel and Socar in recent years.
- Tractebel Engineering Ldt is active in Turkey for more than 40 years. Tractebel Engineering is active in Turkey with its two specialized divisions: power & gas and hydro. The company provides consulting services in the framework of energy assets privatization program in Turkey, as well as for private projects in thermal power generation, gas transport, Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) and nuclear. Tractebel Engineering Ltd achieved a turnover of 3 millions euros in 2013 with 60 employees.
- Power & Gas division conducts feasibility studies, technical assistance, project management, installation design and consulting services, primarily for gas power plants and pipeline networks, Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) and nuclear power. Tractebel Engineering preformed a technical feasibility study of Sinop’s nuclear project (geoscience, evaluation of the environmental impact...).
- The hydro division provides engineering and consulting services to Turkish public (water authority, and the state hydraulic works) and private hydraulic energy power producers like Botas or Dogus Enerji.
- Cofely settles in Turkey with Cofely Axima which provides its skills in industrial refrigeration and ETC, subsidiary firm of Cofely Ineo for lighting effects, and spectacular light show.