ENGIE calls for projects
As part of its commitment to developing innovative services and products that promote and facilitate the energy transition, ENGIE pursues a comprehensive policy of investment, startup incubation and interaction with local ecosystems. The Group is constantly searching for innovative solutions, and issues many calls for projects via its ENGIE Fab platform.
ENGIE Fab: a 360° commitment to turning good ideas into operational solutions
The aim of the Group's open innovation commitment is to give startups, entrepreneurs and project sponsors the opportunity to put forward their ideas and receive assistance from ENGIE and its energy and digital technology experts.
This commitment has four cornerstones, all of which are grouped together under the ENGIE Fab banner:
- Investment in innovative projects external to the Group. ENGIE backs the talent and ideas of young startups, whose growth it supports via its €100 million ENGIE New Ventures investment fund. Tendril, Powerdale and Advanced Microgrid Solutions are just three of the startups that have benefited from its help
- Incubation of projects promoted by Group employees via the ENGIE Fab platform. The first five startups to emerge from this program recently took off as fully-fledged businesses.
- Interaction by putting in place structures and events to promote innovation and facilitate knowledge sharing. Innovation Week, the annual startup competition held in partnership with Bonjour Idée, the hackathon organizer, and the energy industry innovation morning events, offer many opportunities to meet and interact
- Supporting innovative projects by giving entrepreneurs the opportunity to submit their ideas freely to the ENGIE Fab platform and by issuing many calls for projects in key energy topics.
The ENGIE Fab calls for projects
ENGIE regularly launches calls for projects in strategic areas of energy:
- Decentralized energy generation
- Smart homes
- The cities of tomorrow and urban mobility
- Digital control of energy efficiency
- Other areas of expertise in a broader context cover projects in many different categories
Selected by a panel of expert judges, the winning startups are supported in their growth by the Group, giving them the opportunity to see their solutions become a reality in the market.
Workplace optimisation, energy consumption/performance, employee wellbeing: ENGIE UK is looking to identify innovative projects for a new joint energy and services offer for our B2B customers. Cost effective, user friendly, easy to deploy, these solutions can implement required changes (e.g. temperature decrease or dimming of lights) from a smart phone, tablet or desk top computer. They have to be able to be linked with existing and new systems. Deadline for applications: April 28, 2017.
ENGIE Green, a Group subsidiary, is looking for an innovation that will allow it to perform in-depth inspection of the blades of ENGIE wind turbines in operation, identifying defects such as cracks, ungluing of parts, folds, etc. The solution chosen must be capable of analyzing a blade to a depth of a few centimeters taking account of its structure, and be mobile enough to be employed by an operator using an aerial platform. At a later stage it could be installed on a drone (either flying or rolling), enabling the inspection to be piloted from the ground. Deadline for applications: April 14, 2017.