ENGIE Lab Laborelec
ENGIE Lab Laborelec exerts its expertise in one of the fields at the core of ENGIE’s business – electricity. It specializes particularly in streamlining production processes, distribution and electricity supply.
Introduction to ENGIE Lab Laborelec
ENGIE Lab Laborelec is the Group’s electricity technologies research and skills center located near Brussels. In 2011, it employed 250 people and had revenues of around 47 million euros.
Its skills and activities cover the following domains:
- the end use of energy.
Its expertise focuses on the following:
- reducing effects on the environment,
- improving availability and maintenance,
- energy systems of the future.
Distinctions of excellence
Here are some notable examples among ENGIE Lab Laborelec’s outstanding achievements:
- received a Value Creation label at the ENGIE Innovation Awards ceremony for its Diagnostic Center,
- significantly improved the steam turbine simulator (nominated at the ENGIE Innovation Awards),
- received a Grand Prize at the ENGIE 2010 Innovation Awards ceremony for the life management system of gas turbine blades,
- created a thin-film photovoltaic panel test pilot facility.