Four Committees assist the Board of Directors in its work. They are called on with regard to specific subjects in preparation for certain deliberations and transmit their recommendations on the decisions to be made. Each Committee is chaired by an independent Director.
The Audit Committee
- Financial statements: review draft annual and half year financial statements, the activity and earnings report, oversee the relevance of accounting principles and rules, etc.
- External control: appoint the Statutory Auditors; arbitrate disagreements between the Statutory Auditors and management, etc.
- Internal control: evaluate the effectiveness and the quality of the Group’s internal control systems and procedures; internal control of the Company, etc.
- Risks: financial position, cash position, significant risks and commitments of the Group.
The Strategy, Investment and Technology Committee
- Give its opinion on the Group’s main strategic guidelines,
- Make recommendations on all plans for external and internal growth, disposals, strategic agreements, alliances or partnerships, subject to the authorisation of the Board, subject to the authorisation of the Board,
- Give its opinion on issues involving the creation and updating of industrial equipment, procurement policy and real estate projects.
- Jean-Pierre Clamadieu*, Chairman
- Isabelle Bui
- Patrice Durand
- Philippe Lepage
- Marie-José Nadeau*
- Ross McInnes*
The Appointments, Compensation and Governance Committee
- Examine all applications for appointment to a position as Director or Observer to the Board before submission to the Shareholders’ Meeting, and formulate an opinion and/or a recommendation,
- As their term of office nears the end, prepare recommendations for the succession of the Chairman of the Board of Directors and the Executive Vice President & Chief Operating Officer,
- Assess in consultation with the Chairman, the proper operation of the governance bodies.
Preparing recommendations related to:
- The pensions and benefits system, benefits in kind and miscellaneous pecuniary rights allocated to the Chairman and the Vice-Chairman of the Board,
- Compensation of Board members,
- Share subscription or purchase options and free shares allocated to the Executive Vice Presidents.
The Ethics, Environment and Sustainable Development Committee
- Ensure an appropriate level of commitment on the part of Group to ethical standards, non-financial compliance and environmental, social and societal responsibility.