GU Equipment Operator
Posting date : 20/09/2023
Requisition ID : 13719
ENGIE is committed to reshaping the energy future through the global implementation of a lower carbon energy economy in order to preserve the world’s natural resources. We are looking for talented and driven people who are committed to making the vision a reality. In this role, the Equipment Operator, 3rd Class will be responsible for assisting in the safe, legal, reliable and cost-efficient operation and maintenance of campus utility production and distribution systems of steam, chilled water, condensate, and domestic water. This position is located at Georgetown University, Washington DC and reports to the Shift Supervisor.
The safety of our employees is our number one priority. All employees at ENGIE have both a duty and the authority to STOP WORK if unsafe acts are observed.
What you’ll do:
- Assist in the operation, monitoring and maintenance of all utility system equipment
- Check chemical analysis of boiler, condensate return, chilled water and condenser water system
- Adjust chemical treatment to specified ranges established by chemical treatment company
- Record and monitors equipment operating conditions and reports or adjusts as required to maintain safe and efficient operation
- Participate in repair, maintenance, installation and upkeep of all Central Plant equipment and work areas
- Review operational manuals, technical manuals and plant procedures
What you bring:
- High School Diploma or equivalent with 3+ years training or experience in trade practice of steam engineering
- Must operate intuitively from previous knowledge in troubleshooting gauges and instruments on equipment to bring about satisfactory operation.
- 3rd Class DC Steam Engineers License
- Must be capable of understanding and operating complex operation of high-pressure steam and chilled water systems which can be operated several ways depending on operational needs.
- CFC certification
Must be eligible to work for any U.S. employer without the need for sponsorship now or in the future
Must be willing and able to comply with ENGIE’s policy with respect to COVID vaccination and testing
Willingness to develop technical proficiency in some software applications (Maximo, SAP, ADP)
Ability to performed work from ladders or scaffolds, on top of boilers, next to hot steam driven equipment, and near rotating equipment.
Must be willing and able to comply with all ENGIE ethics and safety policies
Ability to perform work inside confined spaces, manholes and crawl spaces.
Ability to perform work in an abnormal sitting or standing position.
Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate; but position may require equipment repairs, manual operation of valves often in a hot, dusty, noisy environment
May be exposed to weather conditions
Ability to meet highest attendance requirements
Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbally
Ability to handle multiple assignments on a timely basis with a high degree of accuracy
Ability to use a company computer, calculator
Could involve some lifting
Designated as an emergency employee and must report to work regardless of the university’s operating status
Ability to adhere to the highest safety standards
Must be able to multi-task; utilize problem solving and interpersonal skills.
Hard work ethic, self-starter, can-do attitude
Work from drawings and be capable of systematically and logically locating the problem when drawings are not available
Analyze plant processes, recommend, and implement improvements
Translate and communicate operational problems to all levels of management.
Work with others to detect problems and implements solution.
Must be a champion the six guiding principles of the ENGIE team @Georgetown University as they are impacted by your position:
- Why is this good for the University?
- Think 50
- NPV Positive
- Holistic Approach
- Academic Collaboration
- Carbon Neutrality
- Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job
ENGIE North America isn’t just participating in the Zero-Carbon Transition, we’re leading it! Join us as we develop energy that is renewable, efficient, and accessible to everyone.
Unite with us in leading the transformation of the world of energy! ENGIE is looking for talented and motivated individuals to create the future of energy and customer solutions. Join a rewarding and flexible work environment that encourages innovation and creativity to help customers meet their energy challenges today and in the future. Are you up for the challenge?
At ENGIE, our goal is to support, promote, and thrive on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We do so for the benefit of our employees, customers, products and services, and community. ENGIE is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, and we are firmly committed to creating an equitable and inclusive environment for all employees.
We are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at ENGIE are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications. ENGIE is committed to providing equal employment opportunities regardless of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity, or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, civil union, or domestic partnership status, military service or veteran status, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition, genetic information, or any other legally protected category (referred to as “protected characteristics”) as defined by applicable federal, state or local law in the locations where we operate.
- $40.66 USD/hourly
- Actual salary offered may vary depending on geography, experience, education, internal pay alignment, or other bona fide factors
- In addition to salary, this position is eligible for a competitive bonus / incentive plan
- At ENGIE we understand that benefits matter, we offer competitive benefit options including medical, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, employer paid short-term and long-term disability insurance, paid vacation, holidays, sick leave, parental leave, and a 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan option with a company match
- More information can be found here: Discover our employee benefits
ENGIE complies with all federal, state, and local minimum wage laws.
Your talent acquisition partner can share more specific information regarding the salary for the position based on the work location.
If you need assistance with this application or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at ENGIENA-ENGIEHR@engie.com. This email address is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and is not a means of inquiry regarding positions or application status.