Retail Operations, Senior Analyst - Collections
Posting date : 25/10/2023
Requisition ID : 16029
The Collections Senior Analyst will specialize in the collection of debt owed to ENGIE and needs to be proficient in all market rules pertaining to billing and collection procedures.
Minimize credit risk exposure and credit losses by executing established collections procedures. Employ business communication skills and judgment to enforce compliance with contractual payment terms by contacting customers directly. Provide recommendations for credit decisions to management based on customer payment history and industry experience to initiate actions for mitigating losses. Timely management internal/eternal customer queries for resolution. Accurate and timely management of disconnect and reconnect processes.
This role reports to the Collections Manager, sits in Houston, TX and is eligible for a hybrid work schedule in-office and work-from-home.
The safety of our employees is our number one priority. All employees at ENGIE have both a duty and the authority to STOP WORK if unsafe acts are observed.
What you’ll do:
- Specialize in the collection of debt owed to ENGIE
- Strategically prioritize and balance workload based on changing business needs
- Use a variety of means to contact individuals who have defaulted on debts and/or who have not paid past-due bills
- Must have exceptional communications skills, as well as listening abilities and problem solving acumen
- Must have good attention to details
- Generate weekly A/R report and assign what calls to be made to analyst
- Advise credit department on payment history for customer renewals
- Participate in major department projects and take an active role in cross-functional teams to assist in driving quality improvements, processes, and initiatives
- Reduce DSO and increase cash flow
- Be able to handle multiple priorities
- Ability to handle stressful situations and maintain composure
- Be backup to analyst when they are out of office
- Responsible for collection of term fees, returned checks and proper recording of activity
- Suggest new or changes in collection policy and procedures to enhance customer experience
- Responsible for return of credit balances on finalled accounts
- Responsible for collection of term fees, returned checks and proper recording of activity
- Responsible for all customer accounts that have summary bills to assure timely payment
- Outbound and Inbound Collection calls, challenge resolution, customer service issues and be the expert in collection resolution. Address escalated customer collections issues received from customer care center that are escalated from the analyst. Objective: Get paid
- Maintain notes of collection activities in billing and collection systems. Assure that tracking of problem accounts are escalated to manager
- Acquire collateral from customers and advise accounting counterparts on proper recording to deposit report
- Advise remittance group on proper application of payments as needed and contact customers if necessary for remittance information
- High volume phone calls to assigned delinquent customers. Responsible for coordination of collection activity with analyst
- Reconcile customer disputes as they pertain to payment of outstanding balances that are due and be the champion of getting paid
- Make recommendations to Manager on any process improvements that streamline collection activity
- Address escalated customer collections issues received from customer care center that are escalated from the analyst with the ability to manage stressful situations and maintain composure
- Coordinate with relevant groups-sales, legal, accounting, etc. to resolve customer disputes
- Job applies to Retail accounts. Need to be proficient in all market rules pertaining to collection procedures and be able to recommend drops of customers who are past due
- Maintain supporting documentation to support drop decisions when PUC complaints arise
- Responsible for meeting/exceeding collections process metrics and quality control to insure high level of on-time payments and professional customer interaction
- Monthly reports as required by Manager
- Assist with accounting reporting requirements
- Acts as a team member with all ENGIE staff
- Comply with all ENGIE policies and procedures
- Carries out other duties as assigned
What you bring:
- Bachelor’s Degree Accounting or Business or 3 years of energy industry experience in lieu of degree
- Commercial collections experience required
- Preferably 3 years High Volume corporate Collections experience
- Minimum 5 years business experience
- Extensive knowledge of retail C&I (Commercial & Industries) energy operations, procedures, and regulatory standards
- Proficiency in all market rules pertaining to billing and collection procedures and be able to recommend disconnects/drops of customers who are past due
- Working knowledge of market EDI transactions
- Direct billing and accounts receivable experience is highly preferred
- Experience with SQL, MS Excel, MS Access
- Must have good attention to details and in-depth knowledge of Retail Commercial invoicing and products
- Knowledge of Billing and Collections procedures;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong attention to detail and goal oriented
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple responsibilities;
- Self-motivated and initiative taking without assistance from Manager
- Spanish speaking preferred not required
- Independent thinker, excellent verbal, and written communication skills
- Detail-oriented and strong follow-up skills with the ability to manage multiple assignments on a timely basis with a high degree of accuracy
- Proficiency with standard office software packages
- A high degree of reliability and strong ethics
- Productive and efficient, with a fast turn-around
- Collaborator with the ability to work well with others
- Must be eligible to work for any U.S. employer without the need for sponsorship now or in the future
- Must be willing and able to comply with ENGIE’s policy with respect to COVID vaccination and testing
- Must be willing and able to comply with all ENGIE ethics and safety policies
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is not exposed to weather conditions
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
- Ability to meet highest attendance requirements
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbally
- Ability to use a personal computer, calculator, etc.
- Could involve some lifting / up to 35 lbs
- Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with the needed assistance to perform the essential functions
- Eligible for a hybrid schedule consisting of in-office and work-from-home opportunities
ENGIE North America isn’t just participating in the Zero-Carbon Transition, we’re leading it! Join us as we develop energy that is renewable, efficient, and accessible to everyone.
Unite with us in leading the transformation of the world of energy! ENGIE is looking for talented and motivated individuals to create the future of energy and customer solutions. Join a rewarding and flexible work environment that encourages innovation and creativity to help customers meet their energy challenges today and in the future. Are you up for the challenge?
At ENGIE, our goal is to support, promote, and thrive on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We do so for the benefit of our employees, customers, products and services, and community. ENGIE is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, and we are firmly committed to creating an equitable and inclusive environment for all employees.
We are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at ENGIE are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications. ENGIE is committed to providing equal employment opportunities regardless of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity, or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, civil union, or domestic partnership status, military service or veteran status, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition, genetic information, or any other legally protected category (referred to as “protected characteristics”) as defined by applicable federal, state or local law in the locations where we operate.
- Salary Range: $75,195.00 – $126,525.00 USD, annually
- Actual salary offered may vary depending on geography, experience, education, internal pay alignment, or other bona fide factors
- In addition to salary, this position is eligible for a competitive bonus / incentive plan
- At ENGIE we understand that benefits matter, we offer competitive benefit options including medical, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, employer paid short-term and long-term disability insurance, paid vacation, holidays, sick leave, parental leave, and a 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan option with a company match
- More information can be found here: Discover our employee benefits
ENGIE complies with all federal, state, and local minimum wage laws.
Your talent acquisition partner can share more specific information regarding the salary for the position based on the work location.
If you need assistance with this application or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at ENGIENA-ENGIEHR@engie.com. This email address is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and is not a means of inquiry regarding positions or application status.