ENGIE calls for projects
As part of its commitment to developing innovative services and products that promote and facilitate the energy transition, ENGIE pursues a comprehensive policy of investment, startup incubation and interaction with local ecosystems. The Group is constantly searching for innovative solutions, and issues many calls for projects via its ENGIE Fab platform.
ENGIE Innovation : a 360° commitment to turning good ideas into operational solutions
The aim of the Group's open innovation commitment is to give startups, entrepreneurs and project sponsors the opportunity to put forward their ideas and receive assistance from ENGIE and its energy and digital technology experts.
This commitment has four cornerstones, all of which are grouped together under the OpenInnov by ENGIE banner:
- Investment ENGIE backs the talent and ideas of young startups, whose growth it supports via its €100 million ENGIE New Ventures investment fund. Tendril, Powerdale and Advanced Microgrid Solutions are just three of the startups that have benefited from its help.
- Incubation of projects promoted by Group employees via the ENGIE Innovation Platform. The first five startups to emerge from this program recently took off as fully-fledged businesses.
- Interactionby putting in place structures and events to promote innovation and facilitate knowledge sharing. Innovation Week, the annual startup competition held in partnership with Bonjour Idée, the hackathon organizer, and the energy industry innovation morning events, offer many opportunities to meet and interact.
- Supporting innovative projects, by giving entrepreneurs the opportunity to submit their ideas freely to the OpenInnov platform and by issuing many calls for projects in key energy topics.
The OpenInnov by ENGIE calls for projects
ENGIE regularly launches calls for projects in strategic areas of energy :
- Decentralized energy generation
- Smart homes
- The cities of tomorrow and urban mobility
- Digital control of energy efficiency
- Other areas of expertise in a broader context cover projects in many different categories.
Selected by a panel of expert judges, the winning startups are supported in their growth by the Group, giving them the opportunity to see their solutions become a reality in the market.
Call for projects: ENGIE Brazil is looking for solutions related to the theme "Health and Safety at Work"
For the 5th edition of its Grands Prix de l'innovation, ENGIE Brazil is looking for innovative solutions related to the theme "Health and safety at work", extended to several energy and construction sectors. Projects can be registered in one of the following two categories: "Safety of working conditions" or "Occupational health". This call for projects concerns companies, start-ups and contractors offering an innovative, technological or commercial health and safety solution in the targeted sectors, provided that the solution is based or deployable in Brazil. Please note that they must be written in Portuguese. Deadline for applications: May 1, 2019.