During its business, ENGIE SA, with registered office at 1 place Samuel de Champlain, 92930 Paris La Défense Cedex, France, is required to process a great deal of personal data (employees, clients, subcontractors and providers, etc.).
Thus, ENGIE assumes the following commitments:
- - To always ensure clear and transparent information regarding how it uses personal data;
- - To collect personal data for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes only;
- - To always ensure that the data collected is adequate, relevant and limited to the corresponding purpose;
- - To erase or anonymise the personal data processed on completion of the corresponding retention periods;
- - To ensure the security and confidentiality of the personal data processed;
- - To guarantee the data subjects' option to exercise their rights in the applicable terms; and
- - Not to re-use the data collected for purposes other than those for which it was originally collected.
ENGIE SA is the controller of the personal data processing related to the management of the website you are visiting (engie.com). This policy provides all the information necessary for you to understand how your data is processed.
1. Purpose of processing and types of data collected
While you are visited the engie.com website, you may provide us with personal data, in particular connection data (IP address, event logs).
The data collected will only be used to provide you with services related to the navigation on this website and to ensure the performance of the content and offer the best user experience. All the purposes pursued are detailed on the page Cookies management.
Your personal data will not be processed further in any way that is incompatible with the purposes described above. The processing does not involve automated decision-making.
2. Legal basis of the processing
The personal data are collected on the basis of:
- - The legitimate interest of ENGIE SA to manage the cookies strictly necessary for the proper use of the engie.com website;
- - Your consent for the management of others cookies and trackers (marketing, statistics, etc.). You can withdraw your consent at any time via our preference center by clicking on the page Cookies management.
3. Retention period
Your personal data are kept only for the time required for the corresponding purposes. Then they will be deleted. The retention period of each tracker is specified on the page Cookies management.
4. Data recipients
As part of the data-processing, the Engie SA service providers responsible for the website are given access to the personal data collected. Should your data be disclosed to other third parties, i.e. internal services at ENGIE SA, ENGIE will comply with applicable law on the communication of personal data.
5. Security and confidentiality of your data
As data controller, Engie SA put in place appropriate measures to ensure the security and confidentiality of your personal data and, in particular, to prevent it from being distorted, damaged or accessed by unauthorised third parties.
6. Your rights
In accordance with applicable regulations, you may request the access, correction or erasure of your data. You may also exercise your rights of opposition and limitation.
You may exercise all and any of these rights by contacting us following this link: Exercise your rights.
7. DPO’s contact detail
In order to ensure a high level of compliance regarding the regulation about personal data protection, ENGIE SA has appointed a Data Protection Officer with the CNIL (Commission Nationale de l'Informatique et des Libertés), who may be contacted as follows: Contact DPO/DPD.
If you believe, after contacting us, that your data protection rights may have been breached, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the CNIL.
8. Management of cookies and other trackers
For further information on cookies and other trackers management by ENGIE SA, please click on the link below: