The dividend is remuneration distributed to shareholders from the net earnings of the fiscal year and/or from retained earnings or reserves.
The dividend is voted by the General Shareholders’ Meeting, on a proposal by the Board of Directors, following approval of the annual accounts and appropriation of income.
For fiscal year 2017, the Group confirms the payment of a dividend of €0,70 per share, payable in cash.
An interim dividend of 0.35 euro has been paid on October 13th. Ex-date on October 11th, 2017.
Dividend policy 2017-2018
For fiscal years 2017 and 2018, the Group commits to paying a dividend of €0.70 per share per year, payable in cash.
Shareholder loyalty policy
At the General Shareholders’ Meeting held on April 28, 2014, shareholders approved the introduction of a 10% loyalty dividend bonus payable to all shareholders who have held shares in nominative form (whether in a direct or an administered account) continuously for at least two fiscal years (equivalent to two calendar years) until the payment date of the dividend.
This policy is intended to reward the loyalty of shareholders who share the Group’s long-term ambition.
For shareholders having registered shares on or before December 31, 2014, the loyalty dividend will be applied for the first time in 2017 to the dividend to be paid for fiscal year 2016 and will be capped to 0.5% of share capital for a single shareholder.
Download this form to register your shares in nominative form and check out the answers to frequently asked questions about the loyalty dividend bonus in this document.
Loyalty bonus codes
Shares have been listed under the following codes so that they can be clearly identified as being eligible for the loyalty bonus:
- FR0013215407 ENGIE PRIME DE FIDÉLITÉ MAJORÉ*: this code gives entitlement to the loyalty bonus with effect from the payment of the dividend paid in 2017
- FR0013055100 ENGIE PRIME DE FIDÉLITÉ 2018: this code gives entitlement to the loyalty bonus with effect from the payment of the dividend to be paid in 2018
- FR0013215399 ENGIE PRIME DE FIDÉLITÉ 2019: this code gives entitlement to the loyalty bonus with effect from the payment of the dividend to be paid in 2019
- FR00132 92703 ENGIE PRIME DE FIDELITÉ 2020 : this code gives entitlement to the loyalty bonus with effect from the payment of the dividend to be paid in 2020
The bonus will be paid at the same time as the payment of the balance of the dividend, following the annual General Shareholders’ Meeting. These shares remain transferable in the same way and on the same terms as shares listed under the principal code for ENGIE (FR0010208488).
* FR0013215407 ENGIE PRIME DE FIDÉLITÉ MAJORÉ: on January 1, 2017, Euroclear assimilated shares listed under the code FR0012333151 ENGIE PRIME DE FIDÉLITÉ 2017 to the code FR0013215407 ENGIE PRIME DE FIDÉLITÉ MAJORÉ.